Thursday, August 31, 2017

Thinking Out Loud



I'm linking up with Running with Spoons for today's blog post.

I have nails again! I stopped biting 2 weeks ago and have managed to keep them from breaking or looking like a tasty snack. I'm looking into getting a gel nail kit to do myself at home. I'm hoping the hardness of gel nails will help with the breaking and therefore, cause a relapse in biting. Any recommendations on a kit?



I signed Lachlan back up for MyGym classes. We had a long enough break and he's actually going on more of the activities and doing things right, where before he'd walk around aimlessly and maybe touch one thing here for 2 seconds before moving onto the next. He's the oldest in his class now so it's nice to see him as the more advanced one for a change! I think he can tell.



I'm knitting my first sweater! It's for Lachlan so it's small and in a thick yarn so I thought it was a perfect pattern for newbie sweater knitting. The body is almost done and so far it's been so easy! I can't help thinking, what took me so long to jump in? But it's a fun knit and I reeeeeally hope I got my gauging right and it will actually fit after all this!



The other day I saw a giant hawk (at least I think it was a hawk) fly up to and land on a tree really close to our house. He was so big that at first he looked like a Muppet or a small child in a costume! I couldn't stop looking at him, he was so beautiful.



We took Lachlan to a nearby lake with a beach last weekend. He enjoyed walking in the water with his Crocs on and collecting rocks to put in a bucket. We got there early enough to get a prime location with shade, and it wasn't uncomfortably crowded because I guess the majority of kids are back in school and summer is considered over.
Also, I have to mention that Houston TX and all those affected by Hurricane Harvey are in my thoughts! I can't even begin to imagine the devastation and heartbreak that everyone must be going through.

4 comments

  1. The best thing I've found for my nails is OPI nail envy, it makes mine so solid and strong. I actually find the gel polishes make my nails brittle and break easily. Can't wait to see the finished sweater

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rhianne! I'll check out OPI!

    ReplyDelete
  3. its quite expensive for the bottle but it lasts forever, so I think totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toddler sweaters are the perfect clothes knitting project for beginners ;)

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall