Monday, October 10, 2016

Happy Things



I tried watching the debate last night. I watched the first one and it wasn't so bad. But this one? Holy shit. We were eating dinner while it was on and I started to lose my appetite and feel depressed when it was covering the "grab them by the pussy" garbage so I had to turn it off. Trump is a misogynist piece of fucking shit and it scares me to death that he could possibly run this country. So today, I thought I would write up a list of things that make me happy to keep it light around here and forget about the imminent doom of the upcoming election for 5 minutes:
  1. The feeling I get whenever I see a magnificent mountain view 
  2. The anticipation that cooler weather brings for the holidays 
  3. Bright orange and red leaves 
  4. When Lachlan goes, "ahhhhh" when he sees something amusing to him 
  5. The smell of The Body Shop's shea body scrub 
  6. Having the road to myself 
  7. Seeing my parents interact with Lachlan on FaceTime (though in person is even better but you know) 
  8. Finding a new project to knit/crochet and finding the perfect yarn 
  9. Getting my hair cut 
  10. When Lachlan is standing in his crib and smiles at me when I come in to get him 
  11. Eating the Halloween candy early 
  12. Making photo books on Shutterfly 
  13. When the library has a new crochet magazine available 
  14. Halloween movies 
  15. Christmas movies 
  16. When the house is mostly clean 
  17. When I don't have a headache 
  18. Summer BBQs 
  19. Fresh corn on the cob 
  20. Amazon Prime 
  21. Houses with impressive curb appeal 
  22. Going out for breakfast 
  23. Full sized freebies 
  24. Apple cinnamon scented candles 
  25. Thunder storms 
  26. A really good book series 
  27. Soft chocolate chip cookies 
  28. Vibrant sunsets 
  29. The smell of wet pavement

2 comments

  1. An excellent list of happy things!

    I completely agree about the election. Normally, I'm not overly involved in politics. I vote, and have my preferential candidate of course, but this is the first year I am truly terrified of what might happen to the country I live in if Trump manages to win. And on top of that, there is this looming depression about the population of this country. How is it possible that so many people are happy to support such a horrific person? I just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know what you mean. i'm shocked at how many people are supporting him.

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall