Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Exploring Colorado: Anderson Farms Pumpkin Festival



I'm seriously having the best Fall ever. On Friday we took an hour's drive north with our friends to Anderson Farms to pick pumpkins. I wasn't expecting it to be such a huge festival, complete with tractor rides, games, 3 corn mazes, a petting zoo, and a shop! There was even a pumpkin launcher where they shot off pumpkins every hour! It was such a nice surprise and all throughout the farm were these little photo opps full of pumpkins on wagons or an old fashioned truck so of course I had to get as many pics as I could of Lachlan in front of them. Since he was in the Ergo carrier when I first put his pumpkin hat on, he couldn't reach to take it off because his arms can't reach around the straps. So when we took him out of the carrier to get a picture, he temporarily forgot it was on so I could get this shot below! Two ladies who saw us taking this picture were so excited we got the shot too and said it will be a photo to display at his wedding one day haha!



After we went in the corn maze and played some games, we took a tractor ride over to the pumpkin patch which was seriously impressive. There were so many different species of pumpkins to choose from. But we only had 15 minutes to pick them before the tractor headed back. I could've stayed there for an hour probably if not for the time limit.







When we got home, I sprayed the pumpkins and gourds with squirrel repellent, because last year they had a field day with our supermarket pumpkins. And after all the hard work of picking and carrying our pumpkins around this year, the last thing I wanna see is a squirrley squirrel stealing our hard earned pumpkins!

No comments

Post a Comment

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall