Thursday, October 6, 2016

What's on my hook: Ripple baby blanket and bonnet



A good friend of our's is having her third baby later this month and I made her this baby blanket and bonnet for her sprinkle last weekend.




I was originally going to make matching booties and a hat, but once I saw all three yarns together, I had to make a blanket with them. I love how the pink pops amongst the white and gray, and since there is an uneven number of colors for the pattern with even repeats, it gave the blanket an interesting look.



Pattern: Rainbow Ripple Blanket

Hook: 5mm

Yarn: Loops & Threads Snuggly Wuggly in white, soft gray, and cotton candy



I made the bonnet with the bit of yarn leftover and added in a lace ribbon tie. I love it! I altered the pattern a bit to include a color change in the round that the ribbon laces through, and I changed the stitch from a double crochet to a treble crochet to accommodate its width a bit better. I also added a scallop border.

Pattern: Based off Simple Round Back Baby Bonnet

Hook: 5mm

Yarn: Loops & Threads Snuggly Wuggly in white

2 comments

  1. Love them, I'm definitely going to try that blanket one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! it's such a great pattern!

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall