Wednesday, February 18, 2015

What's on my hook: Pretty Triangle Scarf


I'm on a shawl kick! I can't get enough of this Chroma yarn from Knit Picks (this specific colorway is Lake Front). This is one of my first projects using a fingering-weight yarn. I usually prefer to use worsted as I like the way the stitches look nice and solid, but I wanted something lighter that I can wear in the spring so I gave it a try.


I purchased this pattern on Ravelry to make my shawl. It worked up really fast. And I had just enough yarn that I only had to use one ball (396 yards). I lightly blocked it with my handheld steamer to really get those points to stay...hence the name, triangle scarf. Ha ha.



I have two more balls of worsted weight Chroma in a different color waiting for me upstairs. I just have to find the right project, which will most likely be another shawl/scarf. I can't help it! The color changes keep me entertained. Oooooh look at this green! Oh wait, now it's turning blue!

And I couldn't resist dorking around with the automatic timer.

2 comments

  1. Gorgeous! Love the color combo on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is gorgeous - I love the colour combination. The edging is so pretty too. You did a great job :)

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall