Friday, September 20, 2013

Bookmark Dump: Selfies from history, candy cards, and car crochet


It finally felt like Fall this week. Fall is my favorite season and I love wearing my boots and button down shirts. Tonight when I get home from work, I'll be running week 2/day 3 of couch to 5k. I still can't see myself running an entire 5k but I also never thought I'd be able to run for one minute straight so baby steps. I'm also halfway done with weaning off my daily migraine preventative/anti-anxiety pills which has caused a few withdrawal headaches this week. I still have 2 weeks to go until I'm completely off them. I'm determined that I can do it though, but I'm scared to death. I haven't been unmedicated for over 4 years and I feel like there are times where I won't be able to do it. Like when you are trapped in the deep end of a pool and you can't reach the sides to hang on....that's how I feel without my meds. But there were a few days I didn't have a headache at all which is what I need to focus on. The exercise might even be helping. It's too soon to tell for sure. Eventually I'll get around to writing a more personal post, but for now, enjoy this weeks favorite internet finds!


How to be amazing at social media without letting it consume your life.
I like the part about choosing the platform that makes sense for you.
You don't have to go crazy and have an account on every single platform.


There is a high possibility I will make this pumpkin planter centerpiece.

A part of me really loves this, and yet part of me thinks if I made one for my car
I'd have stepped over the hypothetical line called "crazy crochet lady." But cute idea none the less.

6 comments

  1. no offense but I'd really think "crazy crochet lady" on that steering wheel cover

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those candy cards are fantastic! And awesome job with the running! I started about 3 months ago, and couldn't run for a minute straight either. I run three times a week, and as of last session, I was able to run for thirty minutes straight!! Like you said, baby steps, and if you have a shitty day of it, don't let it discourage you. You can totally do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally ok with being the crazy crochet lady.... I want to make a steering wheel cover! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness a crochet steering wheel cover - amazing - I've just pinned it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you much good luck on your med removal. <3 I'm on the opposite end. I need anti-anxiety meds, but I won't be seeing my psychiatrist for a few more days.

    I love selfies, so that link - awesome.

    THAT PUMPKIN PLANTER! ♥.♥

    Happy Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks angie! i hope you're able to feel better with your meds soon :)

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall