Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Our summer in review

So much has happened this summer! And some were pretty big events.


We bought a house
In case you missed it or just started reading my blog, we bought a house and moved in at the end of July and learned so much throughout the process. We are enjoying the decorating process and are planning projects for next summer like fixing up the patio, adding a garden and extending the driveway.

We threw a huge BBQ/house warming party
And just like everyone said, the next party we host we will be hiring a caterer! But it was such a fun time and it was great to get everyone we care about most in one place.


My sister moved from Virginia to 5 minutes away from our house
I love having her closer and seeing her more than a few times a year. She even got a job right away so things are going good for her. Plus our dogs all love to play together.


I crocheted a lotI made two baby blankets (tiramisu and ripple which was September's crochet-along so I haven't posted yet), watermelon coasters, my first mandala, and a table runner.


We went on a few mini trips
One to Lake Nockamixon and one to Point Pleasant.

I started my first Couch to 5K
I posted about this last week, but it's the first time I've tried running as a workout since I suck at it but want to get in shape. We bought the treadmill, I just need to keep the motivation.

3 comments

  1. where did you get the pattern for the throw on the couch? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! it's from ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rainbow-ripple-baby-blanket

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed you managed to do so much crochet in the summer! I found it was hard to motivate myself to haul the yarn out when the weather was hot and muggy. Now that the fall weather has hit, I'm finally finishing some projects I started last spring!

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall