Thursday, August 29, 2013

Hexagon table runner: Let's link up!



It's time to link up your table runners for August's crochet-along! I am looking forward to seeing the colors you guys used. The free pattern (and great photo tutorial) can be found here on Craft Tuts and was made by Wink!



I should start learning how to block projects like this so they keep their shape. I haven't done that yet. I think I'm kind of nervous of ruining my project with some sort of stiffener or spray but it would look so much better if it could keep the shape it's meant to have. But I love the way it came out!


I hope you will join me in September's project which will be posted on September 2nd.
Hint: It's baby related, which is a first!


[inlinkz_linkup id=310918]

11 comments

  1. I LOVE this project and yours turned out so well. I want to do this eventually myself. As far as blocking your project - look for a steamer. Like, the type you steam clothes or curtains with. That's what we used to use at the knit shop that I used to teach at. Works GREAT. Just hold the steamer a few inches off the knit/crochet piece and kind of stretch it as you steam and move along. Let it lay flat till it cools and dries and it should hold its shape pretty well. I know it works good on wool/wool blends. I'd think acrylic would work OK too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out really cute! I love the colors you used. I have yet to do a CAL, but I really want to try this month! If I can ever get out from under a pile of doilies I'm crocheting... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just block mine with a spray water bottle and let it air dry. I pin it to a foam board and spray it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't participate because I just found your blog but yours is so cheerful and cute. :) Happy to have stumbled upon your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt the same about blocking but gave it a go a few months ago. I used to soak the project in some lukewarm water, then lay it out on a towel, roll it up to soak up most of the water then pin it out on a big pinboard and let it air dry. Then recently I gave steaming a go just using the highest steam setting on my iron and it worked SO WELL. Attic24 has a good steaming tutorial.
    I now cant make something without blocking it at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tip! I think I'll look into getting a steamer. I could use it for other things too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That seems easy enough! Right up my alley :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yours turned out great! I really like the colors. This was a fun project. Nice choice :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! I loved making this project :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. […] I crocheted a lot I made two baby blankets (tiramisu and ripple which was September’s crochet-along so I haven’t posted yet), watermelon coasters, my first mandala, and a table runner. […]

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall