Friday, June 7, 2013

Bookmark Dump: Dollar store crafts, washi tape frames, and death masks


The weirdest thing happened last night. But first the back story. I've been trying to find a pair of simple white sheer grommet top panels for our living room and after weeks of searching I found the one (or two). I went to place an order for them last weekend but they were gone! I had waited too long and I was kicking myself since they were on sale too. Why do I always like the things that are sold out or impossibly hard to find? But I was being so pathetic last night that I went to their listing on JC Penny and pretended to go through with buying them just to see what would happen...and it went through. So I ordered them...I think. I'm wondering if maybe someone returned them, but who knows. I have a feeling they are going to come in the other color though even though it clearly said I ordered the white ones. Ah well, enjoy this week's bookmark dump and have a great weekend!



I've been listening to a TON of Stuff You Should Know podcasts, and was intrigued by the one on death masks. Here's Abe Lincoln's. Looks like he had a stroke by the drooping of his face.
Click here to see more death masks.

I love this idea! Tape picture frames. Great for dorms or apartments where you can't make holes in the wall.


Also, I'm selling a bunch of my craft supplies! If you are interested in giving anything a new home, please shoot me an email :)

2 comments

  1. Those death masks are intense! I hope you get the right curtains - fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew farmer's baskets were so useful??!! :)

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall