Thursday, September 20, 2018

Hello? Is anybody out there?

Oh man, I'm getting worse and worse about posting here lately. I don't even have a picture to go with this post, which I never ever do. I really want to keep this blog, but there's time where I question why I spend the money on keeping it going when I hardly enjoy it anymore. I love Instagram and have totally taken to the whole "microblogging" that has become the new easier way to share. At this point, I'm purely keeping my blog because of the older posts about Lachlan as a way to look back and remember.  Also, if Instagram ever stops becoming the place to microblog, I want to come back here, and I can't do that if I don't renew my service plan with Bluehost.  I feel like the days are numbered though until I just don't have the time or finances to continue.

Also, my laptop died a few weeks ago and Brian got me a new tablet with a keyboard so I can still type fast and edit photos with photoshop. So that's another reason I have been away because I'm trying to remember all my passwords and figure out how to blog on a tablet and not my trusty laptop.

Thankfully the one day that my laptop did come back to life, I quickly backed up all of the most important documents (aka the babies and Lachlan's photos, because screw everything else, right?) to a USB drive. And that was the end of it.

Anyway, these last few weeks as a mom of three have been both good and overwhelming. Good because some days go relatively smoothly, no diaper blowouts, no witching hour to deal with, easy bedtimes, a new baby milestones. And overwhelming because sometimes all those things happen in one day and I have to put myself in a timeout in our room because I just can't anymore by the time Brian gets home from work. I really need to check out from my position as "MOM" at the end of the day. My body just craves alone time, even if it's just to lie on the bed mindlessly browsing Instagram or play a game. After an hour I feel better and will come back downstairs. But there's times where I go up to our room and just can't imagine coming back downstairs to the same room I spent the last 12 hours in so I stay up there and let Brian do bedtimes.

Anyway, I hope this post finds you well and you have a nice weekend ahead.

1 comment

  1. I still read here. I prefer it to long IG posts, but I understand that you probably have less time to get on a computer and it's much easier to type a quick text on your phone.
    Hope you're well... I can imagine you have your hands full right now.

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall