Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Our Wizard of Oz Family Halloween Costumes, 2017



Before it gets too late, I wanted to get my act together and post a pic of our Halloween costumes this year! I found the idea on Pinterest of course. And knew it would be fairly easy to put together.

Lachlan's lion costume is from Target
I crocheted my scarecrow hat with this free pattern
I bought the grey sweatshirt, tin man hat, and straw off of Amazon



It was a hit! I really loved making the hat. I had fun messily stitching the patches on. For the actual trick-or-treating part, Lachlan was in the beginning of a pretty bad illness so he wasn't super happy about being out and about. And at first he would cry when the person opened the door to give him candy. Stranger danger I guess. But towards the end of our trip around the neighborhood, he started having fun with it and liked taking a piece of candy out of the bowl. He got a good stash of candy for his mom and dad to enjoy ;) But no, we let him have some chocolate which he really really loves now. I unleashed the beast within. He is his mother's son.

4 comments

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall