Saturday, May 27, 2017

Currently (a little bit of this, a little bit of that)


Thinking:
How happy I am that Brian's back from a 4 day work trip and that we have a 3 day weekend with no plans.

Reading:
Just finished The Miniaturist, currently reading Orphan Train (and The Twilight Zone Companion in between), and I have Hater on deck.

Wearing:
I can tell you what I'm NOT wearing: a bra. It's going on three days now and it's amazing.

Making:
My newest obsession is rock painting! I bought 2 sets of Uni-Posca paint pens from Amazon and have been searching Pinterest for inspiring (and SUPER easy) things to draw.

I'm also still in the early stages of knitting up my Cardinia wrap and I'm SO in love with the colors for once. Like, I will actually wear this when I'm done!

Eating:
Just finished delicious pork tacos from Hello Fresh. Now I want chocolate.

Wishing:
That you can order soft serve ice cream for delivery like pizza or Chinese food. And I'm not talking Grub Hub. I want this to be an everyday, easily accessible option.

Anticipating:
Our TEN year wedding anniversary next month! Holy shit. I'm also excited about getting our cement patio poured so we can have a nicer, prettier, cleaner looking back yard for BBQs and chilling out.

Watching:
Mommy Dead and Dearest, a true crime documentary. OMG so awful and sad but interesting all the same.

I also just finished watching I Love Dick on Amazon (so weird and funny but damn is Kevin Bacon HOT. He's gotten hotter the older he gets. Guys are so lucky in that sense), and I'm going to give Twin Peaks a second chance. I just couldn't get into it the first time.

Also, as I read The Twilight Zone Companion, I'm watching the corresponding episode on Netflix after I read about it in the book. *cough NERD cough*

Unsure of:
If I want to watch Handmaid's Tale. Just thinking about it gives me a stomach ache. I know once I start I won't wanna stop, but that's why I don't wanna start watching because I'll be sitting there with a stomach ache waiting for awful shit to happen just to find out what will happen next and that's stressful. TV watching shouldn't be stressful.

Annoyed by:
So I had the bed to myself for 4 nights, which was HEAVEN, but now that Brian's back I can't sleep a wink with him there even though he's totally being still and quiet.

Also, I hate when I have strange dreams about people I knew from high school and those dreams stick with me all the next day and annoy the shit out of me.

Also, that I didn't make a Bookmark Dump post for yesterday, but I didn't have any links to share. The internet was boring this week.

That this section has the most things.

Wanting:
To buy a pair of cheap jeans so I can cut them exactly the way I want into shorts for the summer. I don't know what's so hard about finding a pair of light blue, distressed, hem-not-folded-over, not too tight, not too short, shorts that cost under $40.

Motherhood:
Lachlan is enjoying his sandbox and water table outside in our yard and it's nice to not have to be on top of him protecting him from falling on his face every second. Though he discovered he can climb on the couch (and all furniture, really) so I can no longer keep remotes, cell phones, tablets, yarn, cookies, etc, away from him up there. We have to get up to change the channel now just like we did 20 years ago for our parents.

7 comments

  1. Do you buy the rocks too, or use ones you find?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I'm not the only one who still dreams of random high school people. ALL the time, and it ALSO drives me bananas. And I am absolutely loving your rock painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kay!
    Yea, it's weird what my brain comes up with in its subconsciousness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a big bag of rocks from Home Depot. I've totally been looking more at random rocks lying around on our walks though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you read the book (The Handmaid's Tale)? I just finished it and I don't know if I want to watch the show... I am not sure how close it is to the book. It's definitely a disturbing dystopian story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, I haven't read the book and I'm too scared to watch the show! I usually like dystopian stories but this one hits too close to home in our current state of things :/ Was the book good?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I finished it in two days. It was a good read, but like I said, the whole story line is disturbing... but also a wakeup call in our political climate to always stay vigilent!

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall