Thursday, February 2, 2017

What's on my needles? 5 Shawls 5 Days knitting challenge!

Day 1: Triangular Shawl

I follow Aroha Knits on Instagram and she hosts these knitting challenges every once in a while. The premise was to knit up a different shawl shape (one a day for 5 days), but only a small sample size, so you can learn about how different types of shawl shapes are constructed. And since they are small, it's not a huge commitment and it's not so scary. It was a really great learning experience for me!

Day 2: Semi-Circular Shawl

And to make it extra fun, you post your swatches to Facebook or Instagram with hashtags, and at the end of the 5 days, you're entered in a giveaway for awesome prizes. She was also kind enough to do a live Facebook stream each day of the challenge to talk about and answer questions on the day's shawl shape.

Day 3: Crescent Shawl

If you are a newbie to knitting, or looking to up your skills, I highly recommend you check out her website and sign up for the newsletter so you can do the next one!

Day 4: Side-to-Side Shawl


Though I didn't win one of the prizes, I have to say my favorite finished shawl shape is the semi-circular shawl, but I had a lot of fun (and was really fast) with the asymmetrical triangular shawl.

Day 5: Asymmetrical Triangular Shawl

No comments

Post a Comment

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall