Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Around Here: Finally some things worth writing home about!



Around Here, Life Lately, I hate the inconsistency but some posts really are Around Here worthy and some are Life Lately worthy.

After, oh, I don't know, maybe 5 weeks of getting zero comments and feeling bad for myself, I realized that a plugin I installed to display my social media icons on the left side of my blog, was preventing the Disqus plugin from loading the comment form, therefore preventing people from leaving comments. Well, at least that's what I'm telling myself. But I've deactivated that plugin since I made the discovery so hopefully if anyone had problems leaving a comment, you can now. Maybe tell me on Instagram if it's still broken or I'm going to start thinking maybe people really do hate me.

Let's see, Superbowl Sunday? Yea, not a fan of football, but what I am a fan of is food and new funny commercials so I had fun at our friend's Superbowl party. I made sure to eat and chug my alcohol soon after arriving because I knew time was limited with Lachlan. Poor Lachlan's tender precious bum has been on fire the last 5 days so I left early with him and put him to bed so the rest of the party people could watch the Superbowl in peace.

I took him in to his pediatrician yesterday because he has been miserable because of this monster diaper rash. Turns out he is also getting two new teeth, which could be molars, and the doc said the two things coincide. The more teething, the more drooling, so the more swallowing of spit, the more it upsets his gut bacteria, the more poop he makes, the more the diaper rash happens. Only this rash was a straight up yeast infection which left behind a painful blister that not even lotramin and desitin could help. Poor guy wouldn't even want to sit. Things always domino with him. Anyway, we got a prescription for a stronger rash cream and I don't know if it's just wishful thinking, but the blister already looks a teeeeeny bit less alarmingly red than this morning so I'm hoping it's working.

Another thing. I somehow fell DEEP into the extremely colorful and dazzling world of Lularoe. Dude, just the hunt of finding the perfect pattern on a pair of OS leggings has me following close to 10 Lularoe rep groups and multi consignors on Facebook. I can't even keep track of where they are located anymore because at first I was trying to keep it local so I could maybe go to a few pop-up shops to try things on in person, but then it just spiraled out of control but in a fun way. I finally settled on a pair of leggings with a black and white aztec-y pattern for my first pair. I figure black and white can go with anything, well maybe except all my plaid shirts.

I also had my first official sale on Etsy! Before that, I had been doing custom orders through Instagram, but getting that first Etsy sale is so exciting. It was for the coral mermaid tail set. So freakin awesome! I hope they love it.

One more thing before I go. I've been reading The Fireman by Joe Hill and I'm halfway through it but I can't bring myself to read anymore! I'm so bummed. Reading to the halfway point is still like 400 some pages so yea, it's kind of upsetting to want to ditch it now. But I just can't get into it. I find that it stresses me out and I do all my book reading before bed so that's no bueno. And I feel like nothing is really happening. Like they are all just waiting around the camp for something to happen. I know I sure am waiting for something to happen. And life is too short for uninteresting books so I think I'm gonna return it to the library and swap it out for another one. Gahhh that makes me want to cry because it's such an investment of time and emotions when reading huge books like that. Does it get any better? And soon?

Other than that, it's just been super warm these last few days, like 60s. So I've been going on walks with Lachlan and opening up the entire house for fresh air, crocheting, and basically trying not to make him cry.

17 comments

  1. So sorry about Lachlan's diaper rash and teething. Poor guy must be miserable :(

    Congrats on your first Etsy sale! Isn't it exciting?! :) Good luck with your shop!
    Oh, and if you can't get into the book, by all means PUT IT DOWN... time is to precious to waste on books you don't enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got your comments back! I tried to congratulate you yesterday on your Wooldebeest launch! Yay for first sale!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks San! I'm going to search for a new book today. i hate when that happens tho!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha thank you! i'm so mad at that stupid plugin. not cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I finally had to give up on LuLaRoe. I removed myself from all but one group. It was just getting to be too much, & I was going nuts trying to keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad Lachlan is on the mend. Diaper rash when it gets bad is NO FUN. I'm sad to hear about The Fireman being disappointing. I've read NOS4A2 by Joe Hill and ADORED it. It was my fave book of that year (2015 I think?) I'll probably still give The Fireman a try; maybe going in with lowered expectations will help haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please do give The Fireman a try! It might have just been my own mindset and that's why I couldn't read more. I've heard other people liking it though. I will have to check out NOS4A2!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean! My entire fb feed is out of control. I think I'm going to limit it to multi consignors and a few locals only lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. They get you with the whole idea that supply is limited and you have to get "on it NOW", if you want a certain color/style/item.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i know! it's fun to hunt for the perfect pair but at $25 it makes me hesitant to just buy any ol pair. I've found some comparative alternatives on Amazon I want to try and maybe I'll do a post comparing them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally feel you on Lularoe. That shit's dangerous!

    Also, if you find him getting a rash again...TRIPLE CREAM. You can get it at Walmart and it's hands down the absolute best rash cream. We usually use baby powder (corn starch, not talc) because I find it works better for "normal" diapers, but when she even gets a hint of red we load her up with triple cream and it nails it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. also, didn't i remember hearing you say you were a consultant? or am i imagining things? do you have a group? or any favorites groups?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nope, I'm against MLMs. I just buy the clothes. Lol I have a few groups I like. One is The Nightly Roe - multiconsultant sale that goes up every night.

    ReplyDelete
  14. cool i'll check it out. i found 2 in Oregon that do free shipping and no tax if you want those links too.

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall