Monday, February 8, 2016

Places to send birth announcements: Lachlan's letter from the White House



I had a few extra birth announcements left over so I thought it would be fun to send one to the White House. I wasn't sure when or if I should expect a letter back, but we received one about a month and a half later! I was so excited. Even though it's a mass produced letter with a stamped signature, I still felt pretty special and was happy to have a souvenir of Obama's presidency to put in Lachlan's baby book.

To receive a letter from the White House, send your birth announcement to:
President Barack Obama
Greetings Office Room 39
1600 Pennsylvania Ave
Washington, DC 20500

Make sure you include your address so they can send something back!

Another place you can send a birth announcement to is to Disney World and Disneyland. I sent one to Disneyland since it's the closer option to us here in Colorado, but I have not received anything back yet, and I'm not sure I will. But if you have extra announcements leftover it couldn't hurt to try. Perhaps one day it will arrive and it will be a nice surprise!

Mickey and Minnie Mouse
Walt Disney World
1675 N Buena Vista Dr
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Mickey and Minnie Mouse
The Walt Disney Company
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521

You can also send one to the Pope. Postage will cost extra so you may want to go to the post office to be sure it's acceptable and will arrive.
His Holiness, Pope Francis
Apostolic Palace
00120 Vatican City

No comments

Post a Comment

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall