Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Master Bedroom Makeover Inspiration Board

Our bedroom is the last room in our entire house yet to be painted and made to feel like ours. Currently it's like a smorgasbord of mismatched and missing furniture plus an unused pack-n-play since Lach hates sleeping flat (that's another story!). We have the bed and nightstands, but our tastes have changed. And we have a dresser, but it doesn't match the bed. And I would like to have a mirror to go above the dresser but we don't. And storage is slim.

We had the same bedroom furniture set from Ikea for the last 10 years or so and it's in much need of some updating. I'm surprised it even lasted that long in it's functionality, but the top coat is peeling, the drawers on the nightstands no longer close but jam and stay open, and the pointy corners of the foot board are a shin's worst nightmare. I swear, I have permanent dents in my tibias. We were given an old dresser that I painted blue that just wasn't jiving with my decor interests anymore. But other things around the house needed fixing and updating and our bedroom got put on the back burner.

So when it came to our bedroom now in this house, I knew I needed to take my sweet time finding a bedding set that I loved and could use as a starting point when it came to choosing colors and decorations for the rest of the room.

Well, I'm pretty confident we are here to stay and I have put together this inspiration board for what I hope our bedroom will turn out like to be like. We currently have the bedding, since that's what started this makeover, and we just recently bought the new furniture set after a 2 month hunt for the perfect one.

My requirements were:
under the bed storage drawers
sleigh headboard
a rustic/grey-washed finish
matching dresser and nightstands
all for under our budget

And all of these things weren't easy to find! Until last weekend during a President's Day sale. Woo! So now we just have to paint and put it all together.



Bed frame: Woodley'sDresser: Woodley's
Pia Medallion Quilt and Sham: Pottery Barn
Room darkening grommet top drapes: JCPennyWall lamp: Decos Int
Gold dipped vase: Birchbox
Deer head: Hobby Lobby
Mohair throw: Pottery Barn
Rug: OverstockArt print: Etsy

No comments

Post a Comment

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall