Thursday, February 18, 2016

Exploring Colorado: Waterton Canyon

Waterton Canyon is part of the Colorado Trail which travels from Denver to Durango. That's 500 miles long! We, however, only traveled about 2 bumpy miles in and 2 miles back to the car with the stroller ;)

The coolest, and scariest part of our walk was when we encountered a pack of mountain goats just chillin in the middle of the trail on our return pass. Brian was pushing Lach in the stroller ahead of me, walking slowly by. And I was following close behind. As it was my turn to pass, one made eye contact with me and I was truly terrified for a moment he would ram me! I kept imagining yelling up to Brian to just go, keep Lachlan safe! But no, he just wanted to eat whatever was on the trail next to me. Then I wondered about the car seat's side impact rating was on the walk back.












4 comments

  1. What a lovely area! Every time I see your hiking pics it just reinforces me wanting to hike out in Colorado sometime. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures and super cute baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. there certainly is no shortage of places to hike around here! we try to go somewhere each weekend when it's warm :)

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall