Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Around Here: Snow, Baby, Christmas, Star Wars.


The weather has been up and down so much lately. As I write this, it's 20 degrees and snowing. School's been canceled and I'm enjoying not having to go anywhere. But just last week it was in the high 60s! I open the door for the dogs to go outside and they either run out and not realize how deep the snow is until they have to walk down the porch stairs, or they just stand inside looking out like, NOPE.

Lachlan's been sleeping in stretches of 3-4 hours at night which is totally doable for us and we're feeling much better. That doesn't mean I have all my energy back because I can hardly make it past 8pm most nights, but the nighttime feeds are certainly much more doable now at one month. We have a sort of schedule where we feed him one last time at 9 and go to bed. Then he sleeps till 12:30/1am. Lach will wake up and Brian will feed him a bottle of milk while I go pump for the next feeding. By the time I'm done, Brian and Lach are back to sleep. Then this happens again around 4:30/5am. And we all wake up at 7. So like I said, he's sleeping better so we are feeling better. Also, I dropped from 8 to 6 pumps a day last Friday, doing one every 4 hours, and I already feel better because I'm not tied to that damn machine as much. And it seems like I'm storing more milk this way. Eventually he'll catch up to me and I won't have as much left over to freeze but for now, there's a ton of milk in the freezer which makes me feel good for when we start supplementing formula in. I'm not really sure when that will be. If you asked me even a week ago I would've said ASAP but now that I don't hate it so much and it's not as frequent, I'm willing to keep going for now. Plus, I started watching Inside Amy Schumer only while I pump so I can have something to look forward to when I'm in there.

I can't believe Christmas is next week already. I feel like there's still so much time until then so I've been slacking on Christmas gifts, and the postal service is so freakin slow this year so I'm hoping gifts arrive in time. We took Lach to visit Santa last Sunday. He couldn't of cared less, but it was something I really wanted to do. I was even willing to stand in line for an hour and a half for him, and if you know me, you know that I freakin hate lines and they cause me anxiety. Guess this parenthood thing is making me do crazy things lol.

And I also can't believe that Star Wars 7 is opening in 3 days! We're hoping to get one of our friends to babysit for us while we see it because we both are dying to go, not on opening night obviously but maybe in a few weeks. I'm just worried about the plot being spoiled on social media...like why the hell has no one seen Luke in any of the previews?! And if you know, for the love of god don't tell me!

Ok, so that's it. Just snow, baby, Christmas, Star Wars.

6 comments

  1. Glad sleep is coming easier (and for longer periods of time!). I'm with you on Star Wars...we're going to see it Friday night, and my plan is to stay off on the internet until then for fear of spoilers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Santa Picture. Lach looks like he is smiling. My daughter howled from day one to about 5 years old every time she saw Santa or the doctor. No difference.
    I am seeing Star Wars on Thursday but I will not spoil it for anyone. I have already read one review that I consider too revealing. Happiest of Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We found out that we aren't going to be able to watch Star Wars because the earliest showing would be 1pm, and we wouldn't get back in time to pick Amelia up from daycare. :( Plus she won't really tolerate a babysitter for us to go at night, so I guess we'll be waiting until it's out on DVD!

    Sounds like you guys are having a good holiday season so far and that photo is totally adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks! he was actually crying, we were just lucky to get a shot between breaths lol. enjoy star wars! i'm jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah man that stinks! maybe in a few weeks the showings will be earlier maybe? we may have to wait till its on dvd too but we're staying optimistic ;)

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall