Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Nursery Planning: Closet organization

I was talking to Caitlin about how anxious I've been lately about something terrible happening during my pregnancy. And she said something to the effect that decorating the nursery feels like the one controllable thing in my life. And she was so right. I didn't think of it like that but yea, it's a pretty accurate statement. I can move that basket and put it wherever the hell I want and nobody is going to do a damn thing about it except me and when I want.

So a few weeks ago, I cleaned out all my craft stuff from the nursery closet, purged most of it, and dumped the remaining stuff into the guest closet so I could paint and Brian could install an organization system in there. He actually installed another organization system in the guest closet too so it's not really dumped. And he picked out all the pieces too, so he deserves a closet installing trophy and break....until the crib needs assembling.

Anyway here's some before and after pics..

Before (craft stuff!!!)


After


Dog's wondering what's happening to their room



 The closet is so small so I wanted as much storage space and shelving as possible. There is also a chunk of unusable space in there because of the air vent running up through the right side. So I'm going to put some sort of narrow shelving on that side eventually so the doors can still close. I just don't know when and if I wait till it's done, then I will never get around to posting about it.

But we also have a pretty big dresser in the nursery which I plan on storing stuff in too, and I would like to get one of those under-the-crib storage boxes for more STUFF.

So that's it! I'll be posting more nursery updates as they come

2 comments

  1. Hey that's me! haha. I might've told you this but when I was pregnant my therapist told me that I should try to take a few minutes every day to sit in Amelia's room and tell myself that she was there with me (as opposed to thinking about her in an abstract sense). It helped a lot :) The closet is looking awesome! Amelia's is a disaster area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. now that i have my glider i know i'll sit in there more. it's such a bright and colorful room, and the dogs like laying in the sun. makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall