Friday, July 24, 2015

Bookmark Dump: Literary lip balms, introvert shirt, and pretty mediakits


Today is my last day of work! I'm really happy about that but also sad. I don't like not being able to contribute financially. It makes me feel totally inadequate, but at least this time, I think having a kid is a pretty good excuse to stop working, and even save money. I'd like to go back to work in a few years, especially doing something part time once baby D is in preschool but I know well enough that plans (and the economy) change like the wind with kids so I'm open to anything. But it's mainly because I can't stand driving so far anymore. I'm going to miss the girls I work with (the ones that are left, anyway) but not the diabolical practice owner. He treats the people who work for him with complete disrespect. I've never seen or heard anything like it before. The last girl that quit was belittled and humiliated in front of anyone within ear shot of the nurses station by him: employees and patients, and for absolutely NO reason. She didn't do anything wrong. Just was in his eye sight. I wasn't there that day thankfully, because I swear if he said anything to me I woulda walked out right then and there no matter how busy the day way because fuck him, that's why. But I've never seen so many people be hired on and quit over the period of a year like I have at this place. This could probably be an entire blog post so I'll end it now.
Anyway, enjoy the dump!


Pretty much, only I have anxiety about being late too.


If I already posted this, I'm sorry.
But this banana bread looks delicious!

2 comments

  1. I really need that shirt for a birthday party I'm obligated to attend tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not working can be a blessing in disguise. I hope you have a wonderful time with your newborn. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall