Wednesday, February 4, 2015

What's on my hook: Baby dragons



Oh my, usually I hate the way my amigurumi turns out. I do good making all the pieces, until it comes to putting them all together. They usually come out looking deformed to me, but this little dragon I think came out looking pretty adorable.



I won't lie, I totally cursed and swore a bunch when it came time to sewing on the head pieces and appendages to this cute little dragon. Usually when I make an amigurumi animal, I will leave the bottom open before I finish off so I can stick my needle inside to attach the outer pieces so I can hide my knots inside. Plus I get really nice clean stitches doing it this way. But with this pattern, I had to stuff it and finish off first so I had to sew on the pieces from the top. Which really killed my fingers! I felt like the little old lady in Happy Gilmore who says, "my fingers hurt!"



But in the end it was worth it. I swear, our future baby will have so many handmade toys. That is part of the motivation behind making these pieces.



You can find the free pattern here on Ravelry
 

6 comments

  1. I love her, and I want one!!

    indianaheartblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet and adorable. Came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This little guy turned out TOO CUTE. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable! It looks tricky to put together, but you did a great job! ^____^

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall