Monday, February 9, 2015

If you give a dog a cowl: Free crochet pattern


After making some hats, I had lots of left over yarn. And with the weather getting colder, I didn't want my poor pups to be cold or unfashionable, so I made them some cowls. I'm kidding really, I'm not really this nuts....okay, maybe just a little.


I made these cowls with my own easy pattern.

Yarn: Wool-Ease Thick and Quick
Hook: N

-Make a chain long enough to fit loosely around your dog's neck (I made 30 chains). Join with a slip stitch into the first chain stitch making sure not to twist the chain. Ch 2. Do not turn.
-Round 1: HDC into the same loop you just slip stitched in. HDC into the back loop of each stitch around. Join with a slip stitch into the first HDC. Ch 2. Do not turn.
-Repeat round 1 five more times, or until height is to your liking.
-Finish off.

This is the first time sharing a pattern of my own so I apologize if it's written wrong or is hard to understand.

If you mess up, don't even worry about it. Your dog will still love you.



4 comments

  1. ADORBS. Now, were they happy to wear it or eager to try and get it off??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mabel looks like she is posing for compliments. Does she always have such a lovely expression on her face?

    ReplyDelete
  3. […] Crochet dog cowl free pattern by @habitulhomebody […]

    ReplyDelete
  4. […] Crochet dog cowl free pattern by @habitulhomebody […]

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall