Wednesday, January 28, 2015

What's on my hook: V-eekender Scarf/Shawlette



One of the items on my crochet bucket list has been a smallish shawl (which is known as a shawlette, I had no idea. You learn something new everyday!) so that I could wear it as a scarf and not look too much like a cold little granny while wearing it. And I found the perfect pattern (click here)!

I made this shawlette for my mom's birthday. I know she will love it. I'm definitely going to buy more of this yarn and make one for myself.



The yarn I used was Chroma Worsted by Knit Picks in the color Sugar Cookie. The color combinations available for this brand of yarn are just gorgeous! I had a hard time choosing. I used just about all of 3 skeins (~600 yards), even though the pattern called for only 300 yards. I'm not sure what happened there, so I had to put this project on hold while I waited for the last skein to ship. I always have trouble with gauging. But the size came out just to my liking regardless. The yarn drapes nicely and has a nice weight to it.

This yarn is just delicious! It doesn't split and is really smooth and soft. The addition of the braids on the ends makes it stay in place on my shoulders and gives it a little extra texture. I'm so pleased with this project. It's definitely going down as one of my faves.


 Like my slippies?

1 comment

  1. Beautiful! I love the colorway too (and thanks for sharing the link!).

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall