Thursday, January 22, 2015

Amoda tea: A sweet treat for tea lovers



One of the projects I wanted to accomplish when we moved into our house this year, was to set up a tea/coffee bar.



We put it together slowly, first buying the wall shelving (it had to have baskets to hold all my tea), and then finally finding "the one" console table (which took even longer to put together but it was well worth it!). And somehow, alcohol found it's way into the bar, but what can you do?

Anyway, I love having this little area to keep my teas in. And I was so excited when Amoda Tea contacted me about sampling some of their loose leaf teas. Amoda Tea is a subscription service for tea lovers. So, tea + surprise in the mail = one happy tea lover.



If you subscribe, you'll receive a themed box (my box was winter themed) of four 3-cup samples of loose leaf tea, tea filters (in case you don't have your own loose leaf tea infuser), a little extra sweet confection (mine was a holiday flavored marshmallow), and tasting notes. And on each sample bag are steeping instructions to make the perfect cup. My favorite out of the four was the caffeine free Celebration Medley as it was fruity. I love fruit flavored teas the best.




The details:

  • Each Amoda Tea box is $18 with free shipping to the US and Canada (That's about $1.50 a cup).

  • They have an online store with full-sized versions of the teas in your box.

  • Gift subscriptions are available.

I really enjoyed this tea sampler. I found the flavors to be different than the ones I'd normally steer to, so this was a good way for me to try new things that I ended up liking. The packaging is adorable and still useful as each tea bag has a zip seal to keep your tea fresh. And if you break it down, each cup costs only about $1.50.

Thank you to Amoda Tea for providing me with this sampler to review!

2 comments

  1. Definitely thinking of trying out a tea sub box this year. Especially as I got a tea infuser for Christmas this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. […] Tea for delicious tea. CLICK TO READ MY REVIEW -$12 a month plus free shipping. -Receive 3 different teas (about 5-7 cups). Sometimes there may be […]

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall