Monday, October 21, 2013

What's on my hook: A baby bib

Ok, stay with me here... my husband's cousin's wife is having a boy and her shower is in a few weeks. In addition to a few registry gifts, I made her this bib and I'm planning on making a rattle once I receive the bells I ordered.

You can find the free pattern here on Yarnspirations. And I used Lily Sugar n Cream cotton yarn.

The only thing that bugged be about the pattern was how instead of writing out the entire pattern stitch for stitch, they tell you to "reverse stitches for other side" when it came time to do the other side of the neck. I can't figure that out in my head especially when it includes increases and decreases. Is it so hard to write it fully out? Either way, I think it came out pretty cute.

3 comments

  1. So cute! I love the scallop edge. And great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! And maybe someday you'll be crocheting a bib for your own little bebe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest with you - I haven't been a real fan of crocheted bibs... but this one is so cute... have lots of babies due in the family this winter... might have to make a few. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall