Monday, August 12, 2013

Another quick furniture paint job



My mom gave us this adorable unfinished cabinet and shelf which needed some color. I know, the color looks very similar to our dresser, but what can I say? Blues and greens are my thing. It is a a bit darker though to match the blues in our living room.



I was being lazy on Sunday when I started painted and Instagrammed a pic of the cabinet with the unfinished insides asking if it was ok to do that since those side doors would hide the inside. But I'm glad I didn't keep it that way. Sometimes I need a kick in the pants to get rid of my laziness.


And I'm going to put succulents in all those little planters on the shelf and the owls on the bottom. I stalked Ebay and Etsy for them and I have a feeling these won't be the only ones. The poor little succulents that are already there aren't doing so well. They had a hard time surviving through the winter. They are used to the California sun.

6 comments

  1. These furniture makeovers you're sharing are so wonderful! Makes me wanna paint SOMETHING! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Nice to see you nesting!

    And a little off topic: the title of this post totally reminded me of that song "Ice Cream Paint Job..." Not sure if this was very popular anywhere else, but the chorus is catchy: http://youtu.be/0yfArN-e2OU

    There should be a lifestyle blogger parody of this made *stat.*

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol you're right! i didn't think of that before now haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! If you were closer, I'd invite you over to do some painting! I have a few pieces of furniture that need painting that have been sitting here for a long time, I don't know that I'll ever get to them

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha i'd love to come over! i still have one more piece to paint and it's the most important yet...my yarn shelf!

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall