Monday, July 22, 2013

I want to know the answers to everything, damnit!



Lately I've been listening to so many podcasts that pique my interest in history that I get to a point where I feel like I'd give anything to know the answer to so many of life's mysteries. There's so many times where I think what if for just 10 seconds I could go back in time to see with my very eyes the exact moment that something highly controversial or super important took place just so I could know the answer once and for all. I wanna know soooooo bad!

For instance, I'd love to go back in time to know:

- how the Earth was made.

- who Jesus really was and know once and for all if he was who the Bible makes him out to be.

- what caused the dinosaurs to die.

- what came first, the chicken or the egg?

- what happened to Amelia Earhart.

- what happened to the lost colony of Roanoke.

- what Stonehenge was built for.

- to see the moment Nessy stuck her neck out of the water for that famous shot.

- the reason why the Mayans decided to end their calendar on December 2012.

- if the prisoners who made their famous escape from Alcatraz survived and lived in hiding or drowned.
 What are some of life's mysteries you'd love to know the answers to?

7 comments

  1. I tend to get super hung up on all of life's unknowns as well! Like it makes my brain itch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to know what's outside of the universe...it's expanding, but INTO WHAT, DAMNIT?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Similar to Nova - what is the universe expanding into? Also, why is the sky blue? I'm not talking scientifically, I'm saying why SPECIFICALLY blue? And why is chlorophyll green?

    The Mayans didn't actually end their calandar, though. Their calander worked as a very long cycle, and once December 21st 2012 hit, teir calander went back to the beginning. A Mayan actually explained this around the time when people were freaking out but no one payed much attention to him. And the egg definitely came first. The chicken was a mutation.

    I can't answer the rest! But dammit I want those answers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally the same! Also, I'd love to go back in time and have conversations with certain prominent historical figures and just hear their take first-hand of what happened/what they did. As for the chicken and the egg, I am a big believer in evolution and so I think the chicken slowly evolved through natural selection into what it is today. Therefore there were multiple eggs and multiple "chickens" before it finally became what we know today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too! Not only all of those things but I also want to know:

    - what really happens with black holes
    - what was it like to live in Ancient Rome?
    - what did cleopatra look like in person?
    - who killed JFK?
    - are there such things as mermaids?
    - what was it like to hear a MLK speech in the middle of the crowd?

    Etc etc etc. I want to know all the things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to
    my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.

    I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some
    time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this.
    Please let me know if you run into anything.
    I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your
    new updates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. De momento el nivel complicado es el ciento ochenta y uno… es dificil,
    pero no creo que tanto como el 167. Estoy atascada en el
    nivel cuarenta y cinco, ¿como se saca la gelatina del
    cuadradito del medio?alguien me puede auxiliar. Suerte a todos y de qué manera dice Mariana: Vayamos despacio
    que se termina el juego jaja!

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall