Thursday, June 27, 2013

Link up your beach bag from June's crochet along!



I loved this month's project, but it wasn't without some yelling and screaming at the confusing pattern. Sorry about that guys! The instructions for the handle section was what stumped a few people and I tried to explain it in more detail in the main post I made for this project.



I used about 4 balls of Lily Sugar N' Cream yarn: 2 were solid turquoise and 2 were striping yarn with the white, green and blue. The pattern called for over 600 yards which I didn't end up using all of. My gauge was off (as usual) so my bag measured about 5 inches wider than the pattern says. And I used a smaller hook than suggested too. I don't know where I went wrong but it came out okay.



I ended up figuring out the handles with the help of some crocheters on Ravelry, but I just made it up as I went along. Instead of finishing off at the top of the handle and repeating the same thing for the other side, I just kept going in one direction and mirrored the pattern. Then slip stitched to join it to the other side to the bag. You can see the seam but I don't really mind.

I can't wait to see yours! And Mabel says hi.

5 comments

  1. I seriously need to learn to crochet. That is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your's is super cute! Mine is... still a ball of yarn. Yup, not even started a tiny bit. But I totally need this bag, so it will be made by the end of the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bigger projects still scare me :/ I decided not to participate this month because I had a few projects that wanted to finish before starting new ones. After reading your post I am kind of glad I didn't. I am glad you were able to finish your bag. It's cute and the colors are lovely ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors of your bag!
    This was such a great project. It was a welcome break from all the stuffed animals I have been making lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a fun project! I wish I had done my handles more like yours. I really like the color of your bag.

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall