Sunday, June 2, 2013

Let's make a beach bag for June's crochet along!

I sent out a tweet asking for suggestions for June's crochet project and I received a few suggestions for something summery and then Meg suggested a beach bag and I thought that was a great idea! So let's get together and make this beach bag for June's crochet along.


Pattern:
You will need to sign up for a free account on the Lion Brand website to gain access to the pattern.
Click here for the pattern when you've signed up.

You can also access the pattern on Ravelry if you like to go through that way, but you'll still need a Lion Brand account.

Materials:
-621 yards of a cotton yarn (cotton is less likely to stretch).
I'm using 6 balls of this Lily Sugar'n Cream yarn.
-H hook
-Darning needle
-A stitch marker if that's your thang.

Time frame:
We will be linking up on or around June 27th

UPDATE 6/9/13:
The instructions are super confusing when it comes to doing the handles. The nice ladies in the Ravelry forums helped me to understand them a bit better and I want to share what they said because it helped me....

So when you get to rows 34-45 you are basically doing one decrease in the beginning and one decrease at the end of each row till you get to row 45, which will leave you with 9 stitches. So you will have 33 stitches in row 33, then row 34 will have a decrease in the beginning, double crochet till you get to the last 3 spaces, and do another decrease here (plus one more final dc in the last space). Keep doing this in each row and like I said before, you will hit 9 stitches when you get  to row 46. Hope that helps!
**If you need color inspiration, there are currently 488 other people
who have made this bag on Ravelry. Click through to see!


Please grab a button to spread the word!
Habitual Homebody Crochet Along

10 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing!!! I love it so much, I'll make one for my sister who is a beach lover :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Love! I am sure I will finally participate, because I need a project for the plane! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm obviously a little partial to this project, but regardless of that I can't WAIT to get started. One can never have too many bags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh this looks fun! I hope I get a chance to participate this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so IN this month... this is a great one!! Thanks for doing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's like you reached into my brain, picked the project I would have the most need for, and then found the perfect pattern! I'm totally in for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. [...] know that I hooked up for Habitual Homebody‘s June CAL a few weeks ago, right? Well ever since I started tangling up that yarn to make the bag I realized [...]

    ReplyDelete
  8. [...] -Post it on your blog on July 1st with a link to the pattern (make sure it’s free to the public), materials needed, and a link up date. Basically, use the same set up I do like in this post. [...]

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall