Friday, June 14, 2013

Bookmark Dump: All things home and decorating. So many great ideas!


This week was pretty low key. It rained a ton and I haven't been all that much inspired to blog lately. But we watched Warm Bodies, which was surprisingly pretty good, and season 3 of Game of Thrones. I still can't get over episode 9, btw. WTF!!??

Monty or Mabel, we're pretty sure it was Mabel, wanted to watch a movie too so while we were at work one day, she took it upon herself to open up our latest Netflix dvd and chewed it to shit! I didn't know she wanted to watch The Impossible so bad. She's been acting out and chewing on our stuff lately which isn't like her. I feel bad though because she's probably just bored while we are gone all day.

Anyway, Brian and I are constantly reminding each other of how many days we have left till closing on our house (1 week 6 days!). So naturally, all I can think about are home-related projects and decorating ideas. Here's some of my recent finds and faves. Who knows, maybe you'll see my own version of one of these in the future. Have a great weekend!

I love how easy they make it look to redo a front yard garden in this Curb Appeal Series.


Jen did such a great job repainting her front door! Plus, it's my favorite color.

I had no idea something like this existed! Spray paint for fabric and without the stiffness.

I am crazy about this concept of a doggie gate pocket door.

And this dog bowl roll out drawer? GENIUS!
Instead of tripping over bowls, put them in a bottom cabinet drawer.


5 comments

  1. So many good ideas here! I heart that door color too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, poor Mabel! I know y'all have a lot of doggy stuff for her, does she have a Kong? I don't know as much about dog stuff as I do cats, but from what I've heard, the Kong with a treat inside is one of the best to keep 'em busy... even though it's kind of mean. ;P I cannot believe the spray paint for fabric, ahhhh. ♥.♥ Also, the chalkboard medicine cabinet idea is *genius*! Jen and I leave each other little messages in the bathroom all the time, especially before one of us showers or something. We gotta do that. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose it coulda been worse. She coulda destroyed the couch or something. The pups do have kongs. We usually give them to them outside on weekends because of the mess they make lol. But during work they are left with their toys and each other. In the new house they'll have their own area to do whatever they want in since theres no carpet and it can be gated off from the rest of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that teal front door. It's my favourite colour too :) That doggie gate is a brilliant idea as well. I'm not sure about the drawer for pet bowls, because they'd still need access to water and if you close the drawer they won't have it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. we'd leave a water bowl out, but put both their food bowls in there :)

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall