Wednesday, May 29, 2013

What's on my hook: Nelson the Narwhal



I saw Nelson the Narwhal on Ravelry and was like, yes that is freakin cute, I need to make him now!



Mara's pattern was really easy to follow and I finished him in an hour or so, but I messed up with his fins somehow. They weren't centered correctly so I procrastinated for a few days afterwards before I finally got around to redoing his back fin.



But now he is complete and I am satisfied. Where should he live? Is it weird to put him on a shelf in the bathroom? Our bathroom is nautical themed and he'd kinda fit in there.

11 comments

  1. I don't crochet and never have, but this is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I keep seeing these cute little crocheted characters but I always wonder... what do you stuff them with to make them look so plump & not lumpy? Please let me know!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE him! So adorable! Nicely done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah!
    I use regular old polyfil from the craft store. I pull it apart into small pieces before I stuff it in so that way it won't be all lumpy. Then I just pack it till it's firm. Wow, that sounds dirty lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea! Ok, thank you. I really need to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the cutest thing I have seen in the last 24 hours. (Sorry narwahl, a little more than 24 hours ago I came across this bunny and it still makes me giggle https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7482815232/hE53CC591/ You are almost as cute.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I swear, I wish I could crochet just to make this....so stinkin cute. xx

    Allie @ callmesassafras.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. but you can! it's not as hard as it looks. check out my video tutorials :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok, i'll give it you...that bunny is pretty darn cute lol!

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall