Tuesday, May 14, 2013

What's on my hook: Coasters

Online Crochet Class

I mentioned briefly on Sunday about a quick and easy patten to make crochet coasters and I wanted to share it with you. I think my going speed was 6 coasters per 1 average length movie. And for me that's fast!



After I made those first 6, I started the next day making the rest with the idea that I'm going to buy some fabric stiffener, toss those babies in there, and hang them on a wall in our office/craft room in some creative pinterest-y way.

You can find the free pattern here, on Coats and Clark.




The yarn I used was the same Wool of the Andes yarn that I used for my bolster pillow and bobble border pillow. I really love working with it and the colors are delicious.

10 comments

  1. These are so great! I adore the colors you used. I am definitely going to have to add this to my project list.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! Im excited to see how it turns out with the fabric stiffener!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to see what they'll look like on your wall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks :) i'll be sure to post pics if i do that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, such gorgeous colors!!! I love rainbow anything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you remember the name of the pattern? I cannot find it anywhere on the link provided.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it looks like the link has moved and i can't find it now. sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found the link by using the internet archive. Here ya go: http://web.archive.org/web/20120313220339/http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/HomeDec/SB149-005+Coasters.htm

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall