Monday, April 1, 2013

April's Crochet Along Project: Tiny Cacti!

Hey guys! Don't worry, you didn't miss the voting post. I hope you don't mind but it's hard to find 2 potential projects to vote on so I decided to do away with the vote and just post the project. I hope that doesn't make me seem bossy like, "THIS IS THE THING WE ARE MAKING! GRRRAAAAAHHH!" but it will make my life a little easier. I want to add that every single one of our projects that have won the vote and we made, were the projects I wanted to win anyway. So I hope you will trust my judgement and continue to participate!

OK, so here are the details for April's crochet along project:


Pattern:
Free cactus pattern from Gleeful Things

Materials:
Worsted weight yarn
E Hook
Darning needle
Stitch marker
Safety eyes (optional)
Stuffing
Black embroidery floss
Mini terracotta pot (optional, or you can crochet one)
I'm pretty sure you can get these at Michael's or even Lowe's or something like that.
Hot glue gun (optional, if you use the terracotta pot)
Plastic pellets (optional, for filling the pot)

Time frame:
We will be linking up on or around April 29th

This is our first amigurumi project (unless you made the cupcake for February). It's not hard, all you're doing is working in the round in a spiral. So when you get to the end of your row, instead of slip stitching to join and chaining up, you just keep going in a spiral and use your stitch marker to keep track of the beginning of the row.

Video tutorials:
How to make a magic ring
How to do the single crochet stitch
How to use a stitch marker
How to increase
How to decrease

Please grab a button to spread the word!
Habitual Homebody Crochet Along

8 comments

  1. I like your choice! For sure these won't die on me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You legend, I keep meaning to make an amigurumi cacti for a tiny pot I have to use as a pin cushion, so thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mentioned the cupcake pattern, how do I find that?
    Love your page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOODNESS!!! These are the cutest!!! I can't wait to get started.... and I do trust your judgement, cuz when I really didn't like what got the most votes - I made it anyway..... and ended up liking what I made. So - count me in for April.... YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susan! The cupcakes were from February's crochet along. You can find the pattern here: http://www.thecuriouspug.com/2013/02/februarys-crochet-along-project-is.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. These little cactii have been popping up everywhere lately, I've needed a good excuse to give them a go. Another fun project to look forward to, thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh fun!! This will be my first time making something that you don't wear (aside from a blanket). I'm pumped!

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall