Thursday, December 6, 2018

That time I very nearly pulled the blogging plug


The last few months (heck, years even) I've been going back and forth, back and forth between wanting to keep my blog or simply let it go by not renewing when it came time to buy another yearly membership over at Wordpress. I find myself filling with dread at the thought of having to come up with a post, edit an image, carve out a chunk of time to clear my head enough to write something cohesive, and trying to keep what few readers I have left. It's true, I don't have the same amount of time to dedicate to blogging with the kids as I used to. And with having to pay to keep my account going, I was feeling discouraged because I hardly posted and felt like my money was wasted. And I very nearly called it quits last weekend until I remembered I set up an account over here on Blogger back in 2016.

I came over here back then because I had the same intentions, to slow my blogging down because of being consumed with mom life. But for some reason I went back to Wordpress anyway and kept going over there. I think I was just not ready to let it go yet. But I'm ready now. And I don't really have a choice now since I fucked something up big time when trying to redirect my URL and now my blog no longer works and I can't log in to fix it (nor can I post about where I moved to). But thankfully, I left myself a clean and easy layout over here and everything looked great, thank god, because I really don't remember anything about coding layouts anymore to tweak certain things. So the fact it was ready to go made the decision to move back to Blogger an easy one. And going through hundreds of posts one by one to update the image links gave me a small spark of desire to keep going.

Anyway, I'm glad I didn't quit. As I was going back and updating the image links, I realized how special a lot of those memories were and I would have been so sad to have lost them. I have a shit memory now a days, and I appreciate having these posts to look back on. That's the main reason I blog in the first place; for myself.

So here I am. Please update your feeds to my new URL: http://habitual-homebody.blogspot.com

2 comments

  1. Welcome back to blogger :D I've often considered the step up to wordpress and a proper domain but just like you, I really don't feel like the pressure is worth it. When I lump expectations on myself I immediately rebel. Far better to keep myself free to just do what I love on my own terms!

    F L Y N N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea I agree about staying free! it was fun for a while but the expense wasn't worth it once I really slowed down my posting. the pressure made me just want to quit all together. i'm happy to be back over here!

      Delete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall