Tuesday, July 24, 2018

The Twins Sip and See Party (and free customizable invitation template)



I didn't have a baby shower with this pregnancy and I didn't want one either. I just felt too terrible/sore/tired/sick. But I wanted to have some sort of party to celebrate the twins so we thought it would be a fun idea to throw a party after they were born. In my Googling, I found out about a fairly newish kind of party theme called a Sip and See, which is basically a meet and greet with light food and drinks. So you're sipping on mimosas and seeing the babies ;) We decided to do a brunch theme with breakfast foods and mimosas since the party was from 10-1. And we pushed the party back until the babies were almost 6 weeks old so they weren't sooo super delicate.





It was super low key. My mom made some quiche and carved a watermelon to look like a baby carriage. And we bought 2 dozen bagels and mini muffins. I displayed some of the photos we just received from the newborn photoshoot, and I had set out some hand sanitizers as a party favors the guests could take home. We also bought a delicious raspberry truffle bundt cake. We had a pretty good turn out. Most of our friends were able to make it and even some of our neighbors.





In my opinion, celebrating with these kinds of parties after the babies are born are way more fun than a baby shower! At least for me it was. With this party, I felt good first of all, I was able to drink the mimosas, there's no cheesy games to make your guests play (unless you want to, of course!), and I got to wear my regular clothes. Plus, I didn't feel like a spectacle with people wanting to see my huuuuuge twin bump. The focus was on the babies instead.









When I was thinking about invitations, I wanted to keep it as easy as possible so I found a really cute customizable template that I used for both digital evites and printable invitations. You can find it here, on GreetingsIsland.com.

6 comments

  1. What a great idea for a party. I've never heard of this, but I feel like it makes so much sense - not to mention how cute it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate! It was a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The invite is perfect. I thought about a sip & see with Logan but I worried about people bringing germs around a newborn so I love how you nipped that in the invitation. :) And those flowers in the watermelon pic are gorgeous btw. What are those?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! The flowers were from my grocery store, just daisys colored with food coloring I think. I was worried about sounding mean by saying "stay home if your sick" haha but I think it came across as pretty friendly. Plus, since it's not flu season I wasn't as worried. If they were born in the winter I might have waited even longer till they got more of their shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you did a Sip & See party (that's what we do in Germany!).... it's so nice to meet the baby (babies) when they're there!
    My neighbors had a baby recently and did the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh cool! it really was much more fun i think!

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall