Wednesday, July 5, 2017

8 Cool and Casual Cardigans to Knit

Sweaters in July, you ask?! Sure, why the heck not? By the time I would actually finish one, it could very well be winter! (I'm epically slow with my knits, in case you didn't know. Tiny needles and thin yarn make gorgeous projects, but boy, do they work up slow!).

Anyway, I think I may have finally reached the point where I feel confident enough in my knitting skills to begin looking at the next best thing after shawls: sweaters! But more specifically, cardigans. Ones that are loose, forgiving, laid-back, and don't need to fit like a glove...so totally my style!

Here are some of my favorite cardigan patterns on Ravelry. Links to these beautiful patterns are below:


1: Postgrad by Alicia Plummer. This cardi is gorgeous! The design, the yarn, the style. This was the sweater than got me thinking, 'ok, I need to learn how to do this!' So it's safe to say this will be the first cardigan pattern I'd like to tackle.

2: Snowbird by Heidi Kirrmaier. The first thing that came to my mind when I saw this cardi was SNUGGLY!

3: Ribtastic Cardi by Melinda Larson. I love how casual this one is. And the pattern is free.

4: Crosscountry by Alicia Plummer. I love the simplicity of this cardigan and that one strip of texture towards the bottom. Plus, it has pockets!

5: Cloud Bay by Justina Lorkowska. Another simple in it's beauty to really show off your yarn of choice, and with pockets.

6: Palatte by Lisa K. Ross. This one spoke to me with it's beautiful ombre colorways. How much fun would it be to shop for yarn for this?

7: Greystone by Sarah Cooke. I love the texture on the back panel and front pockets. The pattern is also available in child sizes.

8: Shawl Shrug by Susanne Sommer. I love that this pattern still gives my my shawl fix, but add some sleeves, and now it becomes a cardigan!

Are you on Ravelry? Follow me here.

2 comments

  1. Can you just make me all of these? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i wish i could knit fast because i totally would :)

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall