Thursday, April 6, 2017

Life Lately



Reading

I'm trying to read Hillbilly Elegy, but I find I'm not looking forward to reading it each night, so it's taking me a while to get into it. Having had this happen before many times, it usually means I will most likely abandon ship very soon. But before that book, I finished reading A Monster Calls and I was totally not expecting that plot. I totally judged a book by its scary cover (and scary title) and thought it would be a scary story, but it was sad and I will not be watching the movie because I don't want to cry!

Watching

I've been obsessed with 13 Reasons Why on Netflix. I literally can't stop thinking about it and how addictive it is. We finished in three days and I'm rewatching it again to catch the things I may have missed. I also was screaming HELL YEAAAAH SHIVA on the finale of The Walking Dead. OMG!

Listening to

S-town podcast! I keep going back and forth between loving it and and then feeling kinda bad for John in how the second half of the podcast felt like an invasion of privacy. But I mostly loved it.

Making

Still working on my Solaris Shawl but I have plans to make a stash buster crocheted blanket and I'm trying to hold off on starting it until I'm actually done with the shawl because once I start a new project, I leave all my other wips lying around for weeks and months to come. I've been using my ball winder to wind up all the little bits of left over yarn from many-a-project's past, and seeing them all wound similarly in this way made it easier for me to visualize mixing them together in a project.

Lachlan

He's in a cloud till the end of April (according to The Wonder Weeks, and it's usually been very accurate for us), but he's been doing pretty well despite another 8 teeth coming in at the same time. I think the worst is over. He's also doing more funny things like stomping his feet in this funny little dance-like jig. And he's getting more independent and realizing he doesn't want to sit restrained in a high chair or do certain things I want him to try at MyGym. So we've been figuring out what works for us. I'm also trying to decide if I want to sign up for another 8 weeks of MyGym because mama's getting BORED. He also says 'oh-oh!' and another word 'garbage' (which I can't get him to say again for the life of me).

Adulting

In June, we're planning on getting a cement patio done to replace the bricks and rock pile we've got going on in our backyard. I'm excited to clean it up back there, but damn it's expensive even with a promotion they were running. To start cleaning it up, Brian trimmed a bush (heehee) that was hanging over the fence and two of our friends who live nearby noticed! Hey nice bush! You did a nice job trimming that bush! That bush was unruly, now look how neat and maintained it is! Bush jokes never get old.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall