Thursday, April 14, 2016

Yarn lovers, have you heard of Beanie Bags?



Jimmy Beans Wool has a tiny subscription service for yarn lovers called Beanie Bags. I think it's such an affordable (and cute) way to try new yarns! With US prices starting at $10 (Canada starts at $15), you get 5 samples of yarn and some knitting-related notions, all in a super cute canvas bag. Here's what I got in my April bag:



15 yards of Allegro Aran in deep teal
15 yards of Mochi Plus in bodega bay
15 yards Panda Silk in periwinkle
15 yards Sausalito in violet
15 yards Allegro Lace in plum jam
A sample of Soak in lacey
Knitters Pride knitting needle sizer
Crochet and knitting finger puppet pattern

Keep in mind, the amount of yarn you receive in the basic Beanie Bag isn't much to make a project any bigger than a finger puppet, it's mainly so you can make a swatch and get to feel the yarns (don't forget, it's only $10!) But I love that they still give you a pattern to make something with the amount of yarn you do get. And the few extra notions are really nice as well. I've been wanting to try Soak for a while now and am excited to see how it works on softening up my scratchy shawl.



If you wanna step it up a notch, you can try the Big Beanie Bag with prices starting at $25, and you have the option to choose the color scheme, or leave it a surprise. Inside you'll receive 45+ yards each of 3-5 samples plus some knit notions and a knitting pattern (sorry, crocheters!). I think this would be a better option if you want enough yarn to make an actual project, where with the regular $10 Beanie Bags, the samples are rather small.

I really enjoyed receiving this bag and am looking forward to getting one again in May!

I was not compensated for this post. I purchased my own Beanie Bag at Jimmy Beans Wool.

3 comments

  1. […] Beans Wool Beanie Bags for yarn samples, notions, and with a knitting/crochet pattern CLICK HERE FOR MY REVIEW -If you sign up, please put my email alyciadickten (at) hotmail (dot) com in the “Heard […]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not heard of this! I'm so glad you posted about it, I just signed up to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. I hadn't heard of it.

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall