Wednesday, March 16, 2016

What's on my hook: Stormtrooper hat



I posted in January that I had this hat on my to-do list and I totally forgot to share it!



This is my first time using this color changing method, where you use two (or more) colors but don't cut the yarn in between color switches. Instead, you just pick up the new color before the last pull through of the stitch. This makes for a bit of a tangled mess, and therefore slower stitches, but I love the end result! You can't see, but there are 3 Stormtroopers on my hat.
The free pattern is from The Nook
Yarn is Cascade in navy, white, and gold
Hook I used was 4.0mm

2 comments

  1. Awesome! I want to make one for a friend and love how you used yellow for the brim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! it was really worth the extra time taken to make this hat. i love it!

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall