Wednesday, October 7, 2015

What's on my hook: Summer Sprigs Lace Scarf


Ta-da! Making this scarf marks the first time I've used a lace weight yarn (it's from my first Yarn Crush box), and I have to say it isn't a favorite of mine! It took insanely long to work up and my eyes and hands were dead by the end but I definitely think it was worth it.

Yarn: Sweet Georgia merino and silk lace weight
Hook: 2.25 mm
Pattern: Summer Sprigs Lace Scarf

Because the yarn was so thin, I had a hard time seeing what I was doing so I'm pretty sure there are a few mistakes, but like I said, I could hardly see them so I'm pretty sure no one else can either!

I finished the scarf with a light mist blocking and set it out to dry in the sun before I shot these pics. I wonder who will get this scarf for Christmas?

13 comments

  1. Beautiful! I love the look of lace weight projects, but they take soooooo much time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it was a difficult pattern and took a ton of work... but wow, the pay off had to be worth it. This is gorgeous. Seriously looks like it could be in a magazine or the featured image on the pattern or something. You do great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks amanda! That means a lot to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Those colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful scarf - love the colour that you used. Thank you for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your scarf is so pretty! I featured it at my Link Your Stuff link party today. Have a lovely day!
    All the best, Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! I love both lace motif and color <3 Kind regards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much Annemarie! I am so excited to be featured. I love your link ups :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. very cute swahl, i am definitly going to make it for my sister

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall