Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Baby Boy's Woodland Nursery Reveal


It was a slow and steady process, but I think the nursery is pretty much done. My mom helped me paint during one of her visits and Brian installed the closet. I love sitting in here to read or listen to music. The glider is seriously amazing and it fits me being 5 feet 3 inches so my feet touch the floor. The dogs also enjoy laying in the sun that pours in. It actually gets quite hot in there in the mornings, so we still have to install a ceiling fan at some point, but with a winter baby we still have some time to get that done.


Going into this, I was all about creating storage space because the room is quite small. I plan on keeping my pump and supplies in the nightstand, the dresser will double as our changing table so diapers will go in one of the top dresser drawers. And the cubes and boxes in the closet can hold a bunch of other miscellaneous things.  One is already filled with hats. This kid has so many hats.


He also has his own adjoining bathroom. It's jack-and-jill to the guest room. The theme in there is nautical but I'm not rushing out to decorate. I'm resigning from all future decorating jobs until further notice lol



This photo of my bookshelf wall has been featured on Shutterfly's 100 Cute Baby Boy Rooms!


DIY wood grain blackout drapes by my mom...



An initial will go here once we have a name...





Details:
Paint: Snowmelt by Behr, Kumquat by Sherwin Williams
Crib & Dresser: Babies R Us
Glider & Ottoman: Babies R Us
Changing pad cover and crib bedding: Buy Buy Baby
Spice rack bookshelves: Ikea
Fox toy bin: Target
Drapes, pom pom mobile, owl & cloud pillow: DIY
Fuzzy rug: Target
Closet organization system: Target
Blue closet bins: Home Depot
Owl lamp: Fab.com
Fox canvas: Target
Quote canvas: Hobby Lobby
Levana Lila Video Baby Monitor: Babies R Us
Way Basics Eco Wall Cube: Amazon.com
Antlers: Hobby Lobby
Wooden hedgehog: Estes Park Art Festival
Round laundry basket: Buy Buy Baby
Nightstand: Target
Green lamp: Homegoods


You can see my nursery inspiration board here.

14 comments

  1. We have that same little fox container for toys! We also have the raccoon and bear ones. Love the nursery, can't wait to see your wee one in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nursery is BEAUTIFUL!! You did a great job! All ready for the little baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks! i love the tubs. they are so big. the only reason it looks full is because my friend knit me a 15 inch stuffed pig and he's in the bottom haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! It turned out so cute - great job Alycia :) Your little boy will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The room looks great! Love the reading wall, and that little antler hanging hook! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! So happy for you. Little boys are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my stars! That is beautiful. LOVE the nursery - great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your drapes are fabulous! And I bequeath you the name that I never got to use (although everyone hates it, so please take this with an air of lightness!!!) - Etienne! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm getting serious baby fever here! Beautiful nursery :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything is so gorgeous! What a happy room to bring him home to.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, Alycia! What a cozy full of light beautiful place! Well done! Yey! I spied Wassupbrothers hedgehog there too ;) Can i share hedgie photo on my facebook page with link to your blog?

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall