Wednesday, August 26, 2015

My baby shower


My mom and sister flew out from NY to host my baby shower this last Saturday. They put so much work into it and we had a great time. For the last few weeks my mom would ship out package after package with decorations, gifts, and favors so she wouldn't have to fit them in her suitcase. She got my cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes (my most favorite cake ever) and my mother in law sent chocolate bar labels and wine charms and provided the food. Sadly, her doctor recommended she not make the trip out here due to her heart problems and the altitude. We are hoping she'll be ok when she comes out when the baby is due. She's willing to risk it to see him. But I totally missed having her here.

A lot of my family (basically everyone lol) that couldn't come sent gifts that we have stored downstairs in what we call the "baby stash warehouse."


And the ladies that live here in CO that came helped complete my clothing stash with their adorable gifts. I think we have just about everything! Just a few little things here and there that I'll buy with my Babies R Us endless earnings gift card.

    





It was such a fun day celebrating baby D. I must have said awwwwwwww a hundred times while opening presents. I felt the love!

After the shower was over, Brian and I skyped his mom so she could see me open her presents. She gave me some newborn sleepers (among many other things she generously shipped out before hand like the glider and ottoman, rock n play, pack n play, etc...) and Brian's baby book! I tried so hard not to cry.

1 comment

  1. Aww! you're glowing! so basically you're all set! baby clothes are so much fun to look at! oh that mabel :)

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall