Sunday, March 29, 2015

Weekly Snaps (and inconsequential chatter)


1. 74 degrees in Denver
2. March YarnBox
3. Lazy day
4. Mabel-face

This week wasn't so great and it was all because of work. But the worst of it was on Friday when a patient came an hour and forty minutes late to their appointment which caused me to leave work late and have a painful 2 hour commute home. How can anyone be so thoughtless and show up so late? Like, leave early maybe? Get there on time maybe? Have some sort of concept of other peoples time maybe? Or reschedule maybe? I hate bitching about work but this is the beginning of the end. I can't do this to myself anymore.

Of all the areas in my life, I've always had a hard time finding work I enjoy or that is convenient. It's always either a boring soul-sucking job that's close to home, or a job in my career that's 2 hours away. This always happens, I'm used to it, but I'm so fed up with it. Maybe I'm fulfilling that obnoxious stereotype of a typical job-hopping millennial, but I don't fucking care anymore.

Other than that, we're getting our carpets cleaned and all our furniture is in the kitchen or outside. I don't like the feeling of disorder and for some reason I'm having anxiety of where I want to go when they clean the carpets...outside or in my room (where they won't be cleaning because it's not dirty in there).

1 comment

  1. Girl, I get the job hopping sentiment. I think the longest I've been at a job is three years? Some because the commute was terrible, others because it was Walmart. I feel like we came of age where so much "do what you love!!" Was being touted to us that maybe we feel like if it's not blowing our socks off in amazing ness in every aspect, that it's not worth it. That's just my thought, there's no merit necessarily to it

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall