Tuesday, October 29, 2013

October's crochet along link up



Hey guys, please don't hate me! I didn't make this month's crochet project, which was a Snood. I totally gave it my best shot but I didn't end up liking the way the waistcoat stitch looked and it was pretty hard to get my hook in there so I gave up pretty early on. This is the first time I didn't complete a crochet-along project and I'm sorry if I disappointed anyone. But I'd still love to see yours if you participated! Please leave your link in the comments and I will check it out, I promise!

Also, I'd love to hear you suggestions for November's project. It's been getting progressively harder coming up with fun project ideas and I'm also becoming progressively lazy. So perhaps I will postpone the crochet-alongs until after the new year. But please do leave your ideas in the comments and I'll see what I can find.

4 comments

  1. I had the exact same problem. I really wanted to make the snood because I sure could use one this winter, but I just couldn't get into the stitch. I think I'll still make a snood, but will experiment with a different stitch. I accidentally discovered that single crocheting into the back loop in the round made an interesting stitch that was lightweight. Not yet sure how that will play out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alycia, I am taking a break from blogging. I stopped by to see the other girls projects. I didn't even attempt this project because I've been so broke that I don't even have money to buy the yarn... :( even though the snood is so cute I don't think I would give it much use (I'd look like a boy). Now I am wondering if I would have been able to make the stitch correctly? Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have actually made this! Well it's a cowl, not a snood.... but I liked the waistcoat stitch! Saying that I used a super chunky yarn and a huge needle, and it still took awhile. I am behind in actually taking photos and putting it up though... soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you seen any simple cape/poncho crochet patterns? Because I'd really like to join in the crochet along and I need one of those! Haha.

    This is a very selfish comment!

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall