Monday, August 5, 2013

It's amazing what a coat of paint can do - Our dresser before and after



Our dresser was an olive green with dark bronze handles and in order to have it match our bedroom I painted it Shallow Sea blue by Behr and spray painted the handles white with Rust-oleum for metal. And I have to say I did a pretty good job of matching the blue paint to the blue in my bobble stitch pillow which was my color inspiration!



It took a few hours but it was really easy and it makes our room feel so awesome. I am in LOVE with our bedroom. This week I should be receiving our curtains. Then I'll post pics of the finished room.


 

9 comments

  1. Wow, that is a big change! I love the turquoise & white - very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love it! Such a bright, fresh color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! Major change! Can't wait to see the whole room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an absolutely beautiful color! I repainted a dresser a month or two ago and it was very satisfying afterward since it was the first project of that type I'd attempted. Yours definitely came out wonderfully. Almost makes me wish I'd painted mine blue! (It's dark purple, which I do love.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the blue! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. […] unfinished cabinet and shelf which needed some color. I know, the color looks very similar to our dresser, but what can I say? Blues and greens are my thing. It is a a bit darker though to match the blues […]

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall