Tuesday, May 7, 2013

What's On My Hook: Bolster Pillow

I was excited to start on this pillow because of it's different shape but I was unsure of what colors I wanted to use. Such tough decisions!! So it ended up taking me over a week to decide due to my stubborn indecision. It was originally going to be all greens and blues but I ran out of different shades so I added the purple and yellow. The project originally started with the first green color you see and since I wasn't about to undo everything to begin again with the yellow, I just flipped the entire piece upside down and joined onto the green that way. You can't even tell the yellow stitches are really upside down. But whatevs....

Yarn colors are from Knit Picks - Wool of the Andes Worsted Yarn (there's 99 color choices! Yowsa!) and I used a size J (10mm) hook. The tube is made with double crochets, and the circles are made with half double crochets.
All I did was make a piece wide and long enough to fit over the pillow (a duh), joined the 2 sides with single crochets to form a tube. Then I made 2 circles for the ends and joined them on with single crochets as well. The circles had more stitches than the tube so it was uneven joining, but I just alternated adding 2 single crochets in random stitches around.



Ta-dah!


15 comments

  1. The shape of the pillow is fun for sure! And, what great affordable yarn. I'm gonna have to get some. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh pretty! Where in your house are you putting it? It'll add lots of color to the room :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this pillow shape. And your colour choices! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this pillow! Awesome colour choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I have wanted to make a bolster pillow for such a long time but just never have done it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. not sure where yet. for now its in the living room on the rocking chair :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks! it was easy. i just made up my own pattern as i went.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh My Goodness... it is adorable... not only the shape, but the color choice is GREAT!!! You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous, I love all the colors and who would have thought not me...Beautiful, I'm a new follower..thank you Janice

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely bolster cover !!
    Stopping by from Annemarie's link party.

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you! i love annemarie's link up! it's one of my faves :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. […] yarn I used was the same Wool of the Andes yarn that I used for my bolster pillow and bobble border pillow. I really love working with it and the colors are […]

    ReplyDelete

© Habitual Homebody
Maira Gall